__Brevity is the soul of wit

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pin Up Calender by Gil Elvgren

Ok so it's raining cats and dogs here in Brussels at the moment so I really really need
to write something that will cheer me up!!

Let me share this with you ; I received the best present someone could ever get me!
My American Monkey gave me a Pin Up Calender with illustrations of Gil Elvgren
She found it in a cute little shop in New York. -whooptiedoo!-

Gil Elvgren was a painter of pin up girls in the twentieth century,
one of the more important pin up artists from that time ^^
His original works are worth thousands of dollars but I'll be quite happy staring
at my replicas from time to time when I'm feeling a bit depressed, there's one for every day!

Like now for example haha!
Thank you monkey!






Click on picture to enlarge